Saturday 23 February 2013

My little baking secret...The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm going to let you into a little secret...my famous Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are just so tasty and I get asked all the time to whip up a batch with all different fillings! They started off as a vegan cookie as my son wasn't able to have egg or dairy when he was a toddler so I made these and once he outgrew the allergy then I adapted it to include egg and dairy but ill include the adaptions for you.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

2/3 cup Butter or dairy free margarine

1/2 cup Soft muscavado sugar

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1 tsp. vanilla extract

1 Egg or 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce

1 3/4 cup all purpose flour

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

1 cup Chocolate Chips or dairy free chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, combine the butter or shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, then add the egg or applesauce. In a separate medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture and combine until creamy. Stir in chocolate chips and drop with a cookie scooper onto prepared baking sheet.
Bake for about 12 minutes (depending on the size) or until lightly brown. Cool slightly on baking sheet and serve!

There's lots of variations which I will add on but if like me why not add some orange zest to the dough...yummy :)




No comments:

Post a Comment