Tuesday 28 May 2013

Coconut and Blueberry Muffins

It's pretty safe to say I love nuts, I could eat them all day and coconut is no exception so I have taken it upon myself to cook with it as much as I can haha...firstly was the chickpea and spinach coconut curry with coconut rice a little while ago and I'm following on with a sweet coconut recipe...Coconut and Blueberry Muffins :) I enjoy a good muffin but these are amazing...moist, soft, flavoursome! I wanted to find a way of making sure I captured a good coconut flavour so I actually use both dessicated coconut and coconut cream in the recipe and it works brilliantly. These muffins are so easy to make and taste wonderful. I've already received comments on my Facebook page from people who have made them saying how good they taste :))

Coconut and blueberry muffins

300g self-raising flour
150g caster sugar
40g  desiccated coconut
100ml oil
125ml coconut cream
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs, lightly whisked
100g blueberries

Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a muffin tin with muffin cases.
Combine the flour, sugar and coconut and salt in a bowl. Add the blueberries and stir through.
Add the oil, coconut cream and egg to a jug and whisk until slightly frothy. 
Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and gently fold until just combined, no more than 10 stirs. 
Spoon into the muffin cases.
Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Allow to cool



No comments:

Post a Comment