Thursday 28 March 2013

Creme Egg Cookie Pies :))

I'm sure you've seen the creme egg brownies that seem to have swept the nation hahaha and although they look lovely I decided to do something a little different with the creme eggs. Following on from the cookie baking session with my son we also made some Creme Egg Cookie Pies, this idea started off with a different cookie filling but as its easter Creme Eggs it is and honestly they are lovely :))

Creme Egg Cookie Pie

1 sweet shortcrust pastry case (homemade or shop bought)
I used the hazelnut sweet shortcrust pastry that I had left over
1 cookie batch (my chocolate chip cookie recipe)
Pack of creme eggs- I used the mini creme eggs

Pre heat the oven to 180/170c

If your making your own pastry case, blind bake the pastry case first.

Make up the cookie dough but leave out the chocolate chips.

Fill the pastry case with the cookie dough and spread evenly inside. You can do one large one or small individual ones if you prefer.

Cut the creme eggs in half

Place the cookie pie into a pre heated oven for 10 minutes, remove and place the creme eggs into the cookie dough and push them in gently, the dough will be very soft at this stage.

Place back into the oven for a further 4 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment