Tuesday 16 April 2013

Bakewell Ice Cream

I seem to have been a bit MIA recently...so I have several recipes that I want to fill you in on, one of them being another ice cream flavour that I've been working on! One of my favourite desserts is a Bakewell tart and I've recreated it in muffin form and cake form so why not in an ice cream...honestly it really works and its almost like your biting into a Bakewell tart...yummy hehe :))

Bakewell Ice Cream

1 can (14 ounces) Condensed milk
2 cups (475ml) Double Cream
6 tsp almond extract
3-4 heaped tbsp raspberry jam

In a bowl, stir together condensed milk and almond extract. In another bowl, whisk the double cream until you get stiff peaks (easier using an electric whisk) With a rubber spatula, gently fold whipped cream into condensed milk mixture. Pour into a large tupperware tub and spoon the raspberry jam into the ice cream mixture and using a skewer swirl it round.
freeze until firm, usually about 6 hours and enjoy :)

You can of course add some fresh raspberries in to it as well :)


No comments:

Post a Comment