Thursday 4 April 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip

I'm the queen of parties, I like to have a party for every occasion, Christmas, Halloween, birthdays, summer, Easter...pretty much anytime really haha and it also gives me an excuse to bake and make some fun and exciting goodies for guests! This time round was my sons Easter party so lots of 3 year olds to cater for and of course the parents!
My cookies are famous amongst my friends and I keep re inventing them with new flavours but I wanted something fun for the party and it came to me...well while looking through the Internet for ideas....Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip...it couldn't be more perfect and served with Easter shape cookies.
The only thing I noticed that I wasn't keen on was most of them were just cream cheese with sugar and some chocolate chips which is really not like cookie dough at all, so I came up with my own and wow was it a hit, it is like eating the cookie dough before you put it in the oven but without the egg...perfect! You can thank me later :))

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip

2/3 cup butter softened
1/2 cup soft brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 mascarpone
1 3/4 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Add the butter and sugar into a bowl and mix until light and fluffy
Add the vanilla extract and mascarpone and mix well

Add the flour, bicarb, salt and mix until the dough starts to form together then add the chocolate chips and knead in

And your away...

I personally like it exactly like cookie dough but If you want it more dip like and softer, feel free to add more mascarpone until you get the desired consistency :)


No comments:

Post a Comment