Sunday 21 April 2013

White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Spread with homemade Digestive Biscuits

This week I worked on a couple of new recipes....one being my alternative version of a classic and the other being my own version of a classic...both came out fantastic so I'm sharing them with you...

As like most people I enjoy Nutella although I never buy it as I probably would smoother it on everything haha, but I kept thinking whether it can be done with a different variety of nut as I'm sure your all aware...I love nuts hehe :)) Macadamia Nuts and white chocolate go so well together and it makes this spread very irresistible and its so easy to make :)

White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Spread

150g Macadamia Nuts
100g white chocolate (melted)
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 tbsp cornflour
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Pre heat the oven to 180/170c
Place the macadamia nuts on a baking tray and place in the oven for about 8-10 minutes until toasted

Remove from the oven and allow to cool

Place the cooled macadamia nuts in a food processor and blitz until it resembles a paste (this is due to the oil in the macadamia nuts)

Add the melted chocolate, icing sugar, cornflour and vanilla extract and blitz until incorporated and smooth

Pour into a sterilised jar or tub and place in the fridge for a couple of hours to harden slightly (I placed mine in the freezer for about 45 minutes just to speed it up as I was so impatient hahaha) leave at room temperature to soften slightly.

Now it's ready to spread on a nice bit of bread :)) or on a homemade digestive

It will probably be impossible to recreate the digestive biscuit exactly, but my version is pretty similar and great for kids to help with :))

Digestive biscuits

100g wholemeal flour
40g plain flour
4 tbsp oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
120g butter, softened
100g soft light brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 190/170c
Line a baking sheets with baking paper
Mix the flours, baking powder and oats together in a bowl.
Cream the butter and sugar together and then add the vanilla extract and mix in.
Add the flour to the butter mixture and mix together, I always find its easier with my hands!
Put the dough onto a lightly floured worktop (wholemeal flour) and knead lightly until you have a nice smooth ball. Roll out to a thickness of about 1/4 inch and cut out using a shape like a circle or a foot cutter which my son chose :) didnt really work with a dinosaur :/ (and you need them fairly thick so as not to be too crisp)
Carefully lift onto the baking tray.
Place in the oven for about 15 minutes.
Allow to cool for a couple of minutes and cool on a wire rack and enjoy with a cup of tea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment